Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Grateful, Day 7.

Everyday Math Computer Game
11/07/2011  I am grateful for afternoons with my children.  Since this part-time schedule is new for me, it is something I don't take for granted.  I am confident that this was the right choice for us.

"America's love affair with materialism has taken its toll on things that matter most...It is the absence of parents, who have nothing left to give...If only Mom and Dad had been there when the passions peaked.  So many of the difficulties that confront our kids come down to that single characteristic of today's families:  There is nobody home...It is my conviction that those who choose to bring a child into the world must give that boy or girl the highest priority for a period of time.  In a very short time, they will be grown up and on their own...I believe the two-career family during the child rearing years creates a level of stress that is tearing people apart.  And it often deprives children of something they will search for for the rest of their lives.  We can only hope that a significant segment of the population will awaken someday from the nightmare of overcommitment and say, 'This is a crazy way to live.  There has to be a better way than this to raise our kids.  We will make the financial sacrifices necessary to slow the pace of living.'"  -Dr. James Dobson, Bringing Up Boys


No comments: