I remembered really loving being pregnant, but for a long while I've been asking JB, "WHEN did I start really loving being pregnant?"...Of course his response was, "Never? I don't remember loving it?! First you're sick and SO tired, then the heartburn starts and stays the whole time, you have to worry with what you eat so you don't feel "too full" or "on the verge of vomiting", then you are up and down all night peeing, then you get to where the heartburn is so bad, sleeping is impossible...you can't get comfortable so you move from room to room trying to find a comfortable way to sleep sitting up..."
It's funny how us mommas remember only the good when it comes to pregnancy...and labor for that matter...and our husbands remember the bad, ALL the bad. He rattled off that list MUCH faster than I expected him to.
Well, even though all the above is true, just recently I HAVE been loving being pregnant! And I finally remembered at least some reasons why (JB-Read this post! :))...
- I'm OUT of the "Is she fat or pregnant?" part. Thank goodness! That is such an awkward phase.
- I finally have my energy back!!!
- I LOVE maternity clothes! PLEASE can I always wear pants and skirts with an elastic waistband?!
- My absolute favorite part. - I feel Baby Lucy in my belly a lot more than a flutter. I LOVE this! Between Betsy and being pregnant this time I would lay in bed and have phantom feelings of a baby rolling around in my tummy. Is that weird? Has anyone else ever had that feeling? Needless to say, it is much more satisfactory (and much less creepy) feeling a baby rolling around in there when you know that there actually is one! :)
- Baby Clothes! Now that my energy is back, Mom and I pulled boxes from the attic. I purged my boy clothes to Missy and started stacking up my boxes of girl clothes to see what I'm missing. I've washed up all my newborn and 0-3. Doing that is so much FUN and it took me right back to our old house when I was pregnant with Jay and folding all those sweet LITTLE clothes.
- I love that Every. Single. Time. I walk into Target I get popcorn...without the guilt!
- I love how excited my kids are about their new sibling! Jay was so bummed that he wouldn't be sharing a room with a little brother that BIG tears welled up in his eyes at the ultrasound. Thankfully my mom let us use Bart's old bunkbeds anyway and both kids are BEYOND excited about that! (Bet's been sleeping on the top bunk while Jay has been at my parent's this week.)
- I love that I know that I'm having a girl. So when Bet and I see matching dresses in a 9 mo. and 5T for next summer at TJMaxx we can both get REALLY excited! Are these cute or what?!
- I love wondering what she'll be like. Jay and Bet look so similar to me...Will she look like them? Will she have curls like Bet, or straight hair like Jay? Will she talk as much as they do, or will they never let her get a word in? Will her infant personality be easy-going like Jay, or exhausting like Bet? Will she play princess and "mommie" with her babies like Bet, or will she be a tom-boy?
- I love when we are out and Betsy wants to buy things for Lucy. She has two very soft blankets that she adores..."soft-soft" and "so-soft". She insisted when we were out the other day that she buy Lucy her first soft blanket. So, I let her feel them all for appropriate softness and she picked out a really sweet one. (Now I'll just have to watch close so she doesn't smother her when she tries to wrap Lucy up in it like she does her baby dolls.)
I'm sure I could keep going...I'm just so happy that I can finally come up with a list of "loves"...even though it did take 20 weeks! :)
What are some things y'all loved about being pregnant?