Monday, August 22, 2011

Friday Treats...

When I was growing up there were some days when I would get home from school and there was a treat on my bed.  Recently I asked my mom about those treats.  She said she would put a treat on my bed on Fridays.  "Only if I had a good week?," I asked.  "No...good or bad, just a treat for making it through the week," was her response.

Bat bag for Jay.
I loved the treats I used to get and I loved her response.  Sometimes kids (and adults!) need a little treat "just because"...a treat that says..."You are special.  When I wasn't with you this week, I saw this and thought of you."

"Tangled" shirt for Betsy.
 We made it through our first week of school...and believe me, there were many times I thought of them.  Hopefully they thought of me some too!  :)

No comments: