Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rub 'n Buff Reveal

Part 1 HERE.

So I just realized that I gave a little Rub 'n Buff tease, but never showed the finished product. (Pretty typical since I have a zillion unfinished things going on around here...but since I DID finish it, I thought I might as well share!)


I love how she turned out.  With WAY more patience than me to do it right with a zillion coats...my mom is my go-to for paint projects.  She painted this with a spackle paint.  The intention was for the wood to show through, but I initially picked a color way too light, so the light color is coming through the final color.

I had the hardest time getting the green just right (I used samples and went through three samples...three trips to HD. Ugh!)

I am ALL about a paint color name.  My house has LOTS of color and I can go room by room and remember my paint color names.  My friend Tara will appreciate this one since she shares our LOVE for a good pickle...when I picked up "Dill Pickle" I KNEW I'd finally gotten it right. 

Another finished Rub 'n Buff reveal post soon!  A thrifted mirror!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I absolutely LOVE it!